School is out, the summer sun is here, and if your year has been anything like mine so far, we’re ready for a break from the everyday grind. Whether you have a 7-day vacation on your calendar or are living for the weekends, here are 25 out-of-the-box ideas to get you started on the funnest summer you’ve ever had.
1) Find a hill and climb it, just because it’s there.
2) Go on a geocaching expedition.
3) Grab a map, pick a random spot and take a road trip.
4) Rent kayaks and paddle down the river.
5) Take a walking tour of your downtown.
6) Call an old friend you’ve haven’t talked to in ages.
7) Say yes to every offer (within reason of course) that comes your way in an entire week.
8) Bake something yummy and go meet that new neighbor.
9) Go one day without the internet.
10) Temporarily dye your hair your favorite color.
11) Buy an ice cream cone and eat it slowly in the shade
12) Download and play a Nancy Drew adventure.
13) Go to the library and lose yourself in new book.
14) Let your face breathe by going makeup-free.
15) Take a whole day to just. be. home.
16) Snap a picture every day for a Summer 2016 Memory Book.
17) Make a recipe using seasonal produce from your local farmer’s market.
18) Plan an elaborate scavenger hunt.
19) Send a message in a bottle.
20) Make your bed upside down and sleep the opposite direction for a week.
21) “Kidnap” a family member for a surprise picnic.
22) Celebrate Christmas in July
23) Borrow a projector, throw down some pillows, and watch a movie on the ceiling.
24) Go to a fancy restaurant just for dessert.
25) Drive to the highest spot you can find and watch the the sunset together.
Do any of these ideas sounds like something you’d try? What would you put on your summer bucket list? Share your thoughts in the comments below! 🙂